PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
CWV Wallcoverings Limited (we or us) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy in the delivery of our services.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is CWV Wallcoverings Limited of Number 1 @ The Beehive Shadsworth Business Park, Lions Drive, Blackburn, BB1 2QS (the Registered Office) registered with the Information Commissioner's Office under registration number ZA174878.
As data controller, we take all necessary steps to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and its relevant subordinate legislation as in force from time to time when handling any personal information.
When you supply any personal information to us we will meet our legal obligations to you in the way that we deal with that information.
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 we are required to collect the information fairly and to let you know how we will use it and whether we will pass the information on to anyone else.
We will take reasonable precautions to safeguard your personal data against loss and unauthorised disclosure or access.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our Site, placing orders online, inquiring about our products or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our Site, subscribe to our services, enter a survey or sign up for our newsletter and when you report a problem with our Site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial information (including but limited to credit card details).
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our Site we may automatically collect the following information
a) technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
b) information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time); and
c) products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
We may also keep a record of those parts of the Site that you use most often to enable us to monitor, support, improve and develop our service and to know which parts are of the most interest to you.
WHAT WE MAY DO WITH INFORMATION THAT WE HAVE ABOUT YOU
We will use the personal information supplied by you:
- for marketing purposes such as following up on sample orders or your mood board, reminding you about your abandoned shopping bag, asking you to review our products, informing you about our promotions, inviting you to enter surveys and sharing news, trends and tips with you
- to provide you with the best possible service
- to notify you about changes to the services we offer
- to ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about services that may interest you or them
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take all reasonable care to prevent any unauthorised access to your personal data.
We will only supply your personally identifiable information to any third party:
- in order to enhance our service and the services we can offer you or where we have your consent to share the information
- to allow our partner Feefo to collect product and service reviews. Feefo act on our behalf as a data processor for the purpose of collecting reviews to help us improve customer satisfaction
- where we need to share the information to provide a product or service you have requested
- where we need to send the information to persons or organisations who work on our behalf (such as the owner of our warehouse, shipper, transporter or deliverer of any products) to provide the product or services that you purchased but such persons or organisations may only use this information in order to provide such product or service and not for any other purpose
- if the Company or substantially all of its assets, are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets
- if you were introduced to us by a third party, we will give them your contact details and sufficient information about you for their accounting and administration purposes; and/o
By using the Site you consent to our collection and use of this information.
The information you supply to us will be held on our computers at the Registered Office.
You can at any time send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you decide that you no longer wish for us to use your personal data for marketing purposes.
AUTOMATIC GATHERING OF INFORMATION BY OUR SITES
Like many businesses on the internet, we use Google Analytics to collect information about how visitors use the Site.
To do this we use something called a cookie. A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user’s computer tied to information about the user. We use the following types of cookies on our site:
- Strictly necessary cookies - these are cookies that are required for the operation of our site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our site, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services
- Analytical/performance cookies - these allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily
- Functionality cookies - these are used to recognise you when you return to our site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies - these cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose
You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
We also use a service called Hotjar, which through the Hotjar tracking code embedded on our website, the information collected includes:
- your device's IP address (collected and stored in an anonymized format
- device screen size
- device type (unique device identifiers) and browser information
- geographic location (country only)
- preferred language used to display the webpage
Hotjar servers automatically record information which is created upon using Hotjar. Data includes:
- referring domain
- pages visited
- geographic location (country only)
- preferred language used to display the webpage
- date and time when website pages were accessed
If you would like to learn more about how Hotjar operates, please read https://www.hotjar.com/privacy
Should you wish to stop Hotjar from tracking your visit on inspiredwallpaper.com, you can opt out by following the instructions here https://www.hotjar.com/opt-out
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU ABOUT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
WHERE WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
We will retain your information securely stored for a reasonable period typically 3 years, for as long as the law or our regulators require or, otherwise for our legitimate business purposes.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
RIGHT OF ACCESS AND CORRECT YOUR INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your information that we hold, as well as other related processing explanations, please email or write to us (using the contact details provided above). We may make a small charge for this service (of £10) and if necessary, ask you to produce evidence of your identity to ensure it is appropriate to share the information.
We want to make sure that the information we hold is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to remove or correct information you think is inaccurate. We will make all reasonable efforts to delete your information from our files if it is deemed appropriate.
You have the same rights to know what information is processed by any third party, or correct information held by them by contacting them directly.
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner(s), advertiser(s) and/or affiliate(s). If you follow a link to any of these sites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
If you call us, or we call you, by telephone the call may be recorded for monitoring and staff training purposes. Recordings will only be used under proper and careful supervision.
YOUR COMMENTS, CONCERNS AND COMPLAINTS
You can expect us to be prompt, efficient and friendly when dealing with you. Our aim is to provide you with a world class, professional and confidential service. Occasionally things may go wrong, or we may not live up to your (or our) expectations. If that happens we’d like to know about it. So, if you have a complaint about any aspect of the service you have received from us, our staff will be happy to help resolve your concerns.
Please bring your concerns to our attention as soon as possible - the sooner we know about it the sooner that we can resolve it. Our policy is to ensure that your complaint is handled quickly, fairly and efficiently.
Your complaint (whether received by telephone, letter, e-mail or fax) will be looked into by our Customer Services Supervisor.
We will tell you if we need information from someone else to help us look into your complaint and, where necessary, we will get your written approval before seeking information for others in connection with your complaint.
If we cannot resolve a complaint to your satisfaction you can then escalate the matter to the ICO if the complaint relates to the way your personal information has been handled.
LAW AND JURISDICTION
As a result of improvements we make to our services, amendments to laws or regulation or developments in the technology or processes we use, we may change the information we hold about you and/or the way in which or the purposes for which we process such information. If we make any substantial change in the way in which we use your personal information we will notify you by email.